Fire up Photoshop or Illustrator because design magazine Core77 is running another design competition for Windows Phone. The contest is similar to one a year ago that Core77 did in partnership with the Windows Phone Team, this one is also a joint effort. Back then the contest was called “Fast Track to the Mobile App” and this year is going under the name “App to the Future“. Winning submissions will have some nice prizes to look forward too! What’s also unique about this contest is that it isn’t restricted to North American residents, it’s open to every abled designer on the planet.
Note: Winners were picked among 50 finalists who are all eligible to enter phase two of the challenge by developing and launching their app in the Windows Phone store and win a Windows Phone. Core77 will feature a gallery of all the App to the Future app that have been published by the end of May.
Designers were asked to come up with apps that ‘helps them connect or delight their future self.’ Here is the break down on the 5 winners:
- 4weather—a weather app that lets you zero in what the weather will be like when and where you actually plan to be outside by utilizing a new adaptive forecast feed at its root, an extended and more informative set of “climacons” and finally the choice of the best forecast data vendor for your region.
- fitCHAMP—a social fitness app that combines the powerful APIs of the personal fitness trackers that you and your friends use onto a single, beautifully designed dashboard where you can track and compete with your friends through certain metrics like distance moved, steps taken, and calories burned.
- HappyAppy—a smile is contagious and what better way to spread a smile than by sharing a dance? HappyAppy is an interactive mobile application that allows friends to connect by dancing for one another when words are not enough. This allows people to virtually connect in a physical and emotional way that is not currently possible.
- Tide – Surfing forecast app that creates a more gestural way of exploring the waves through time whilst allowing fast access to the data that most is important to surfers.
- TripUs—connect all your social activities about a trip through one app. Organize all your pictures, Facebook updates, check-ins and tweets into a Trip timeline with invited friends and share information and photos w ith those friends in your network.