How do I use Video Call?
- Can I use WeChat Video Call?Video Calls are supported on WeChat versions 4.2 and up. At your earliest convenience, please update to the latest version of WeChat.
- How private is my video call?
- How do I switch between Video and Audio mode?You can select Video or Audio mode while starting a video call,
Before accepting the call,
Or during the call.
If you switch to Audio mode, the other user will be switched to Audio mode automatically.
The other user will be notified when you switch from Audio to Video mode.
Are WeChat Video Calls free?
It’s free to use Video Call on WeChat. However, you may need to pay your carrier for internet service. The data consumption rate for Video Calls is 14-21k/sec. It’s recommended you use Video Call over a WiFi network to prevent consuming large amounts of data.
How do I use “Moments” ?
- When can I use WeChat’s “Moments” feature?”Moments” is a new feature in WeChat 4.0. Please update Wechat to the latest version.
- How do I share and view photos in “Moments”?In the Social menu, click on “Moments”. You can then view a streaming feed of your and your friends’ photos.
Interact with your friends by giving and receiving comments, and “Liking” their photos.
You can share individual photos or batches of photos in “Moments”, and send them to your friends. These photos will then be displayed in your friends’ photo albums.
Go to your friend’s profile page to view his or her photo album.
- How do I manage my photos?Go to the Settings menu and select My Moments. You can then manage your photos and view your friends’ comments and “Likes”.
How private is my photo album?
- Can all of my contacts see all comments made on my photo?Your friends will only see comments from those users who are also their friends.
- Can I restrict the visibility of my photos?Yes. You can set the visibility to Private; only you will be able to see the photo. If you send the photo to other friends and then select Private, then it will only be visible to you.
- Is my album visible to users not in my Contacts list?A portion of your album may be visible to users not in your Contacts list. If you initiate a user-finding feature, your 10 most recent photos will be visible to a user using the same feature.
How do I forward WeChat messages?
In WeChat 4.0, you can forward messages to your friends.
- How do I forward messages?Tap and hold the message you want to forward and click Forward. You can select an existing conversation or start a new conversation.
- Which types of messages can be forwarded?You can forward texts and photos, even messages from third-party applications.
- Can I forward a voice message?Sorry, you can not forward voice messages now.